With the support of Hope Lebedyn (formerly known as EC Missions), Pastor Sergey Ovcharenko started a small church in an old school premises where he now runs a hub within the local community. His church has established a number of activities sharing the gospel in the community, providing real care to those in severe need.
The centre hosts many a number of programmes for the local community, including the children’s camps that take place throughout the year. These camps are run for the local children and orphans in need, as well as young people, refugees and disabled children.
During the week, the children are fed two good meals each day, and enjoy fun activities and games whilst also learning about the Christian faith. Doctors attend the centre providing the opportunity for every child to receive a medical check. Sadly, these examinations often uncover very unhealthy and sick conditions – including malnutrition.
In addition to the camps, the church also makes regular visits to support their local orphanages, prisons and hospitals. Medical equipment and care is in dire need. The support offered by Pastor Sergey and his congregation is so desperately needed and highly valued. Will you support them?
How Can You Support the Work
With your support we can continue to bring Jesus’ message of hope to the children, prisoners, orphans and many others.
Your donation today will help where the need is greatest:
• Puppet and theatre shows. In a culture where puppetry is highly valued, the children help to write and develop the show
material. The team have even won national awards and competitions!
• Christmas gift programme.
• Computer workshops. After school clubs provide children with safe access and training on how to use computers.
• Provision of aid to those in extreme poverty.
• Sewing workshops – Training to use the sewing machines to make clothing. Locals are given free access to equipment after training, to help them further.
• Church support ministry offering practical care and kindness to the local community.
• Church activities and meetings.
• We also hope to raise a further £200,000 to help build another desperately needed support centre to increase the education and training needs both locally and regionally.